Did you know that 90% of us don’t get enough vegetables every day?
90%! Pretty shocking, right?
According to the USDA, most of us need between 2 and 4 cups a day, depending on your body size and activity level.
The truth is, most people don’t sit down to eat a big bowl of veggies every day. They usually end up as an afterthought in a side dish.
This is why sneaking veggies into your meals (including BREAKFAST) is such a great idea!
I know this tip might fall into the category “I know this but I don’t do it very often.”
Consider this your reminder that it’s time to START! 🙂
I have some ideas to get you going:
- Stir spinach or any other green into your eggs – or blend them into a smoothie
- Shred zucchini or carrots into overnight oats or chia pudding – or stir them into your oats while they cook (surprisingly yum!)
- Make a big batch of veggie hash (basically sauté a bunch of veggies together) ahead of time, and when it’s time to eat, heat it up and add a poached egg or browned tofu on top.
- Add cauliflower or beets to a smoothie.
- Top your avocado toast with some salsa (yes, salsa counts!)
- Make a grain bowl with leftover quinoa or rice and stir in some spinach and goat cheese while you heat it up. This will keep you feeling full for hours!
Your assignment: Sneak some veggies into your breakfast a couple of days this week.
Bonus points if you snap a pic, post it and tag us on social media! We’d love to cheer you on:
Facebook: tag @ValeoTraining
Instagram: tag @valeotraining_hollandmi
In fact, snag the recipes below…it’s our Saturday Morning Power Skillet, a perfect way to add some veggies to your breakfast.
Committed to your Success,
Jess & Team Valeo
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.