Have you been feeling tired and sore lately from life? Training a ton without the results to show it?
The issue could be lack of recovery.
Your recovery efforts must match your work output if you want your body to be become stronger and better.
“You don’t get better from training, you get better from RECOVERING FROM TRAINING.” – Alwyn Cosgrove
Our favorite recovery methods:
- Smart, structured programming that doesn’t progress too quickly and incorporates exercises like foam rolling, mobility and breathing drills.
- Getting adequate sleep. Limit caffeine, alcohol, screens and light to get the deepest, most refreshing sleep.
- Consuming protein after workouts: aim for 10-30grams of this repairing and rebuilding nutrient.
- Take an Epsom Salt bath: the magnesium sulfate and warm water will help alleviate aches and pains.
- Keep moving: Taking at least 1 day off a week is important, but sometimes it’s more helpful for recovery to have those days be “light activity days.” Slow walking, foam rolling, gentle strength exercises, and massage can help move the toxins out of the muscles and provide relief.
Remember, getting stronger and more fit is a breakdown and rebuilding process. If you’re constantly breaking down, you’ll never give your body a chance to rebuild and produce results.
RESULTS ARE IN THE RECOVERY.
How will you help your body recover this week?!
~ Jess & Team Valeo