One of the Core Values here at Valeo is: Practice Makes Permanent.
We know that getting healthy habits to stick takes intention and consistency, so we cultivate a perspective of practice, like an athlete practices for his or her game.
Practicing is really the essence of fitness, nutrition and well, life…
- To get strong in the deadlift, you have to practice deadlifting – often.
- To eat more healthfully, you have to practice choosing healthy alternatives – often.
- Just like to be a better writer, you have to practice writing – often.
- To successfully fix the inner workings of a car, you have to practice mechanical skills – often.
- To be an active listener, you have to practice engaging in others – often.
Choosing a perspective of ‘practice’ softens the idea that you have to “get it” perfectly and right away.
‘Cause perfection isn’t required for progress or for making healthy habits permanent…but practice is.