Here are some of my favorite memories of her. I love you, Grandma, and am so thankful for the life you had and the legacy you leave. You will never be forgotten!
* The way she loved on my Grandpa and held his hand.
* The sleepovers, birthdays at her house and being babysat when my sisters and I were little.
* She was the only person I knew who called her couches ‘davenports’, ha!
* Painting ceramics with her in her basement.
* Her infamous Lamb-shaped cake she made on our birthdays – a tradition started when my dad was a baby and is now carried on with my sister’s kids!
My nephew, Myles, on his 1st bday w/ Great-Grandma’s lambcake!
*Her presence at our t-ball and softball games growing up all the way through our college track meets.
* Riding in the car with her and grandpa on the way to the high school basketball Championship games my sisters played in.
* Her strawberry jello with pink cool-whip frosting and banana cream pies she’d bring to every holiday get-together.
*The t-shirts and shell necklaces she’d bring back for us girls from the various places she and my grandpa would travel.
* The stories, the stories, the stories! Everything from growing up in a house off all boys, to her childhood haircuts, to my favorite – of how she met my grandpa while racing cars on the streets of downtown Grand Rapids!
* Her little snicker when she tried not to smile – her dry sense of humor was the best!
You can read more on her LIFE STORY here… 🙂
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.