Dreaming of a sunny Spring Break? Preparing for a work conference? Just wanna get outta town?
Exercising while on vacation is often not top of mind for most people – and that’s ok! We love being on vacation mode while away, too. However, there is a lot to say about starting your day with a quick movement session that gets the blood flowing, muscles engaged, and makes the lazy day around the pool even that much more relaxing – so, for this reason, we do encourage you to do a little something most days you’re out of town. This is especially important for those who travel often – as integrating fitness into your lifestyle means learning how to do it while away from home. Here are a few ideas to enjoy!
- Walk or run on resort trails and on beach
- Incorporate an activity like tennis or zip lining or swimming in the ocean
- Go exploring on bikes
- Swim laps or just play play play in the pool
- Hit up the hotel gym and repeat your Valeo workout (members, we can email your custom program to you!)
- Bring a yoga mat or lay a towel on the floor and work on your RAMP (range of motion, activation, mobility prep) drills
- Stay in your room and zoom through one of these 2 Hotel Room Workouts:
(view videos for how-tos and then click on pics to save to your computer or phone for easy reference)
Jungle Gym Ladder Workout
Timer on phone
Jungle Gym XT
(hang anchor over hotel door and close)
Perform 10 reps of each exercise. Rest as needed. Start back at the top, this time performing 9 reps of each exercise. Repeat through 1 rep and then start over at 10. Finish when timer goes off after 20 minutes.
Bodyweight Blaster Workout
Timer on phone
Perform 20 seconds of exercise A / Rest 10 seconds
Perform 20 seconds of exercise B / Rest 10 seconds
Repeat for 4 minutes / Rest for 2 minutes
Move to next circuit.
Video: Bodyweight Blaster