‘Tis the season for snugglin’ up by the Christmas tree or fireplace with a warm drink in hand. Experience the nostalgia of childhood with this Decadent Hot Chocolate recipe…with leveled-up ingredients so you can feel great about what you’re sipping!
This recipe is made with coconut milk, full of nutrients and healthy fats. It also calls for cacao powder. Not sure why I spelled it like that? Cacao is different than cocoa – cacao being less processed, contains more minerals and antioxidants and overall a healthier option.
In a pinch, use cocoa but definitely give cacao a try some time. You can read the whole scoop on choosing the best chocolate, including our fave brands, in our post HERE.
Now, on to the recipe!
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (look for light coconut milk like this, full fat is great but may be too thick for this recipe)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until hot and ready to drink, while stirring constantly to break up any clumps.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy – bonus points for trying this super easy coconut cream whip cream on top!
Click pic below to download and enjoy this season with some good cheer in hand…
- Coconut milk eggnog
- Cran-bucha mocktail
- Gingerbread cookie smoothie
- Kombucha cosmo
- Ginger happiness tea
- …and more!
Just tap on the photo and you’ll be all set for your next party (or cozy night in)!
Jess + Team Valeo